Next event: First-time home buyer seminar
Time & Location
About the event
At this free Home Buyer Seminar, a Realtor & Mortgage Broker will discuss:
- The overall purchase process: typical paperwork, conditions & costs.
- An overview of the current Ottawa market & common mistakes to avoid.
- Acceptable income levels and other financing requirements.
- How you can save for your down-payment & improve your credit score.
- How to fund your purchase using your RRSPs.
- How to get the process started & get a pre-approved.
The event is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn more about the real estate buying process (for the first time) and is just starting their home search. You are welcome to attend even if you already own a home. We aim to educate buyers about starting the buying process and some common pitfalls to avoid.
What you can expect: The event will be comprised of short 20-min presentations by a mortgage broker (Josee Menard) and real estate agent (Ayn MacDonald). Following the presentations, we will answer any questions you might have about the process, common mistakes to avoid and how to get started.
Tickets can be either virtual or in-person. In-person tickets are VERY limited *due to seating capacity* so if you are no longer able to attend (or become ill), we ask that you switch your ticket to a virtual or reschedule for next month.
Can’t make it this month? Check out other events